Sunday, February 27, 2011

Zion National Park Polaroids 2

I had so much fun taking these Polaroids in Zion. I don't mind lugging a camera bag loaded with five different cameras, because sometimes the images are just magic. Sometimes they just have a life of their own. The first three images below were taken on a Keystone 60 Second Everflash-- a big hulking camera. But its a workhorse. When "nicer" Polaroid cameras have let me down, the Everflash has been ever faithful. Lame joke, I know, but its true.The film is known as Chocolate. It can turn any number of tones between pastel blue, pink, and brown. At times it shoots like a monochromatic brown-white film, but at others, other shades come through. Over two days of shooting it in Zion I feel like I got quite a variety. 






This last two photos were taken on a Polaroid Spectra camera. I cropped out the white border of the scans to show just the photo part of them. This is on some of the newer film from The Impossible Project. I really like their black and white film. (Who am I kidding, I like all their film!) They've come so far and I can't wait to see what they yet have to pull out of their sleeves. 




No comments:

Post a Comment